In celebration of its second anniversary in Open Beta, Crossout released Mass Contagion, which promises players new missions, an updated version of a popular map, balance changes, interface improvements, and a lot more. A special in-game event is also included in the Crossout 0.10.60 update.
According to the patch notes, update 0.10.60 continues the story of the “Contagion” campaign and adds five new missions. The first mission becomes available after the game’s players (also known as survivors) complete the side-mission “Call for Help.” For players who have completed the “Awakening” campaign, Mass Contagion is automatically available to them.
The immensely popular map Station Control-17 has been updated. The map’s appearance, the arrangement of objects, and the location of the roads have been reworked. More routes have been opened for lethal close combat.
Survivors who take part in Another Year in The Wastelands get a special themed "Anniversary” firework and unique stickers to decorate their armored cars. The celebratory event lasts until July 3. Here’s what players can look forward to in the in-game event:
- For winning 5 missions, raids or brawls you get a unique sticker “Steel Championship”.
- For winning 10 missions, raids or brawls you get a unique sticker “Battle Royale”.
- For winning 15 missions, raids or brawls you get a unique sticker “Nameless Tower”.
- For winning 20 missions, raids or brawls you get a unique sticker “Adventure”.
Players can also purchase the Horsemen of Apocalypse: Famine (Elite pack) from June 13 to July 14. By purchasing the elite pack, players are rewarded with:
- a unique garage of The Four Horsemen
- “Famine Machine” armored car
- a unique holographic “Carnivore” décor
- unique epic “Howl” cabin
- unique portrait of the rider Veran Wolf a.k.a Famine
- 4,000 in-game coins
Players also get:
- unique background and logo of Famine
- “Famine” structural parts
- two rare shotguns (“Junkbow”)
- two melee weapons (“Borer”)
- unique “Swarm” décor
- a set of unique stickers
- paint cans (“Eroded Metal” and “Warg”)
- increased maximum number of parts used to 55.
Crossout is an MMO vehicle combat game set in a post-apocalyptic world. Players craft unique battle machines from a myriad of interchangeable parts, ride them directly into combat, and destroy their enemies in explosive online battles.
The key features of Crossout include:
- Unique vehicles, crafted by players using a wide range of available parts: from nimble buggies to heavily tracked off-road vehicles or combat platforms on antigrav fields.
- Complete freedom of creativity and thousands of possible combinations: Create vehicles of any shape using a wide range of parts, with a wide variety of armour and weapons to help support your arsenal.
- Advanced damage model: destroy any part of an enemy vehicle and it will affect the machine's performance immediately.
- A huge arsenal of weapons: From chainsaws to power-drills, machine guns to rocket launchers, and a wide range of variety including flying drones and stealth generators.
- Your own workshop: create new and advanced parts, and auction them at the in-game marketplace.
- Trading options between players: every piece that you have gathered in battle can be sold to other players.
- Choose your own battle strategy: Apart from victory, the only thing that matters is your Survival!
Crossout PvP battles can be played solo or in teams up to eight players. There are also PvE modes for groups of three to four players. The game is available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.